Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Weekend :(

Well, this weekend turned out not so great. Nothing like I expected. Here was my plan. On Friday night, I was so excited about trying out a new hairstyle. I was going to do a twist out since I'm trying to not to get a perm and hopefully transitioning. So to better blend the two textures of relaxed and natural hair, I wanted to do a twist out. So I washed and conditioned my hair with Garnier Length and Strength (not a huge fan of that apple smell but I bought kind of big bottles of the stuff on sale) and dried my hair. Then I wet my hair with my homemade leave in conditioner ( Neutrogena Triple Moisture Conditioner and water in a spray bottle) and started twisting sections of my hair. When I realized they kept coming unraveled, I used my Elasta QP Glaze to "set" them. Then I wrapped my hair up and went to sleep,hoping for great results in the morning.
Now I realize that my hair is thin and fairly short so I hoped this would boost the volume. Wrong. When I unwrapped my hair in the morning and started to untwist the sections it was even shorter and all over the place. Not even styleable. It looked crazy, and not that I mind crazy; it was just that I was going for a kind of free-spirit, loose curl, pretty kind of crazy. If that even makes sense. I tried putting a headband on it but still...no bueno. So I used the dreaded flat iron to try and make it look halfway decent. I could probably rant on and on about my hair, but eh, lets move on to more disasters this weekend.

On Saturday me and boyfriend were headed to our hometown so I could visit my parents for Fathers Day, he could give his dad a present as well and he also visited his sister. Everything went okay all day. My dad loved his gift! I caught the semi-annual sale at Victoria's Secret and the bf got to go to one of his all time favorite stores, Best Buy. Until on the way home, at about 10 at night, a coyote ran across the highway right in front of his car. It happened so fast, he didn't even have time to to stop, much less react. A coyote. Only in Texas, I swear. Anyway, long story short. Called the insurance company, a nice policeman showed up while we waited on a tow truck (more money out of the pocket), and we finally got home. The fan is hanging out of his car which caused it to get hot really fast when we tried to get back on the road, hence the tow truck. I'm praying that his car can get fixed fast because he doesn't need this plus all the other expenses in his life right about now.

I never want to stand on the side of the freeway at 11 pm in the middle of nowhere again.

No comments:

Post a Comment